Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Tricia reports:Having an amazing time in RM. Our suite and jr. Suite in WS 57 were exactly to our request. Lots of treats in the room when we arrived Saturday. We did Portofino fir dinner that night. Very good. Went to bed at 9pm as it had been a long day of travel. Sunday we were up before sunrise. Walked on the beach to check out the turtle nest count. Went to breakfast at Tikal at 7:25am. Lovely food selection. Went swimming before the church service. 99% of it was in Spanish. If you aren’t Catholic (our daughter’s friend is the only one in our group) you will recognize the order if service and the ritual things. The worship bulletin is in English and Spanish but we bounced around from page to page. About a 50 minute service. Very very hit in the chapel even though they had fans. About 25 worshipers. I get the feeling the resort is not very full this week. Lots of empty loungers at the beach and around the pools throughout the day. Hit the pool and beach after church. Love the almost non existent seaweed as opposed to this time last year. Windy days down here. Sunday night dinner was at LaLola. Very good food. They were out of baby octopus so they substituted squid for one if my dishes. My husband said the mojito was terrible and he didn’t take more than two sips. It wasn’t prepared correctly. It wasn’t mottled at all. Not a big deal. He drank his sangria and mine ( I don’t drink alcohol). Went to the kids show, the sports bar and the magic show. All fun.thd sports Bar’s food is so much better this year. The décor is great too. Of course the hockey playoffs are on. Today my husband went golfing, the tweens went for a segway tour after breakfast at the colonial buffett and I did the Yoga class (they call it stretching but it’s beginning yoga) with Pedro and it was wonderful. Cooling off in the suite now waiting on room service for lunch. Brazilian steakhouse for dinner tonight.

Anne
        Keymaster

I can’t remember where my last update ended. I think mid afternoon on Monday. Hubby and I went to the spa to get away from the tweens for s bit. The hot tub then plunge into the cold pool is amazing! Walking in the spiral on river rocks was quite painful and not meditative for me. Dinner at the Brazilian place was fine. No specialty drink and no Brazilian cheesy bread. I’ve been to Brazilian steakhouses at home and in Brazil. You need the cheesy bread! The guys with guitars were there and I requested “Guadalajara” and they played it. It made my day. I requested it from them last year as well. We went to the show and the dancers did a great job at 9 o’clock but it was very very hot and I don’t know how they danced for 45 minutes straight. On Tuesday we took a cab 2 Puerto adventurous and went on H2Oh Sun Cruise which is a 72 foot yacht.Swells were high and half the people 11 out of 22 got sea sick. But the staff was amazing and ran around the yacht helping everybody. I highly suggest them if you would like to go snorkeling and have a great meal on a yacht. Prices are very very good. They had a birthday cake for our daughter. Last night we went to the Mexican restaurant. Again no specialty drink. Our waiter didn’t speak a lot of English and messed up our drink orders a few times. But it was all good. The Disney show was fun for the girls I skipped it. Today we did our excursions to the Mayan Adventures where we snorkeled and 3 different areas of water. It was absolutely amazing. It is so hot here we were thrilled to be in that water. I’m currently sitting next to the Colonial pool and it’s like bathwater none of the pools are really cool anymore. It’s actually better to jump in the water and then go sit on a lounge chair with the breeze cooling water on your body. Tonight is the Japanese show meal.

Anne
          Keymaster

Live from Tricia:  “Latest overview as I sit this morning in the members area next to the scuba peeps. The water looks glorious. Since my last update things have been great with some odd moments. Wednesday night we had Japanese show dinner reservations. At 5:35 I went to get the slip out of the folder and noticed it said 530. I quickly called the travel club and they rescheduled us for the show on Friday night at 5:30. So we went and had just a regular Japanese table which I prefer more because I like just sitting there eating sushi. When we got to the restaurant about 6 they seated us within a few minutes there were about four tables filled with people. Our waiter came and introduced himself and I always greet the staff in Spanish my Spanish is limited but I know greetings and how are you I’m fine things of that nature. He asked if I spoke Spanish and I said a little. From then on he only spoke to me in Spanish. I asked him 3 times for English please but he didn’t do it. 95% of the time he spoke to me in Spanish. He spoke to everybody else at the table and English the whole time. I thought that was kind of odd. No specialty drink at this restaurant for us. And they brought my husband the wrong dinner. So they gave us the wrong dinner for him while they made the correct one for him by the time is dinner arrived we were all done eating. The food was very good I only got sushi for dinner but he kept bringing me different roles which was awesome. So I didn’t order a soup or an entrée I just kept getting little plates of sushi which was amazing. Afterwards we went to the sports bar to watch hockey. The volume of the TV’s was very very loud in there for some reason that night. Louder than the fans cheering from the tables for their teams. We went to the show it was fine and then the girls and I went Turtle watching but we didn’t see any Turtles. We didn’t see any Turtles between 10 p.m. and 11:30 but we saw all the volunteers twice. Thursday is when it gets off. My husband had a 7:05 tee time at playacar. And was supposed to be picked up at 6 a.m. He wasn’t sure which Lobby to go to and went to the wrong Lobby and missed the transport. I called the travel Club to see if we would be charged for that and they said we don’t think so. The girls and I went to the Jungle place. It was amazing. our tour started late because the group before us sort of refused to leave they wanted to just stand around and take pictures of monkeys. Our driver was amazing and stayed with us for the three and a half hours that we were there plus that included the ride to and from. He even stopped at a supermarket in Akumal Beach so we could get snacks to eat to and from since we were going to miss lunch and tirely. We got to sit in the enclosure with the monkeys for almost an hour. It was lovely. Definitely a great way to support the local wildlife. We Got back at 3 o’clock which which was when the phone party was supposed to start they didn’t start making foam until 4:10. At 4:15 they said the children to go in first and the children were in there for about 2 minutes before all the 20 some things with her cocktails came running in. You quickly became unsafe for the little ones so my daughter was in there for about 3 minutes because she was getting bumped into so much. Not really a lot of fun when the phone party is supposed to be from 3 until 5 and it starts at 4:15. So that was kind of odd. And the staff didn’t even try to keep the adults out even though they said children will go in for a little while first and then adults. we had dinner at Portofino last night. We were celebrating my daughter’s birthday and when we Mention to the waitress that we were getting the two lobster tails as part of the birthday celebration she looked at as kind of confused. between soup and Andre took almost a half an hour. Our dinner reservation was at 6 And dinner entrees were served at 7. That seems a little slow. Oh I forgot to mention between a full-time and getting ready for dinner the girls had forgotten their keys and this is the first time are cleaning man locked the doors between our rooms. It took me two calls to the travel Club talking to 3 different people to try to get somebody to come up and unlock the door to our junior suite. When they finally sent a security guard he had the wrong key. So my husband had to go down to the lobby. This whole process took over a half an hour. And it seemed like the only people I talk to you understood what I was trying to convey. I said we had less than an hour until our dinner reservation in the one-man confirmed my dinner reservation. I didn’t need that confirmed I need somebody to come unlock the door. So that was kind of odd. we went to the 2 Wednesday night shows and they were very good. Today is a pool / Beach day and packing since we leave tomorrow morning. I’m doing voice dictation on this so if there are any misspellings or words that don’t make sense sorry for that. I don’t feel like typing on my vacation.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Translate »