¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Mayan Suite Villa Numbers?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      AmanDJinMayheko
      Participant

Hello all! We are coming to Palladium in mid July for 6 nights, and have booked the Mayan Suite! Were obviously excited about that, and were wondering what the villa numbers are in the Colonial section of the resort. Am I correct in thinking the Mayan Suite areas will be located in Villas 30-32? Any help is appreciated! Also, any secret places for the freshest fish to eat would be awesome. It’s our first time in Mexico and we don’t have a lot planned, we kinda want to keep it that way 🙂

Blueskies
        Participant

Hello AmanDJinMayheko, welcome to the forum.  The Colonial Mayan Suites are indeed villas 30-32 as shown on the map here > MAP

The best seafood for lunch can be found at any buffet, indoor or outdoor, at the fresh grilling stations. I would recommend Punta Emila for dinner, you must reserve this one a day in advance with guest services in either the Colonial or Riviera lobbies. The seafood platter is very good !

If you have any other questions we are happy to help !

Anne
          Keymaster

Hi and welcome to our forum.

You will love the Mayan suites. Yes Colonial MS are in 30-32. The buildings are 2 levels. Some face the path so if you like people watching ask for a path facing room. I know 3003 is such as I have stayed there several times. Others face the jungle so you would have the most privacy. You have a choice of ground level or 2nd floor. Some prefer the 2nd floor as they are concerned about their “shower” privacy on the first floor. This never worried me but if you want the utmost privacy ask for 2nd floor either path facing or jungle facing.

Regarding seafood, the resort offers a variety of great seafood both in the buffets where they have grilling stations and in the a la carts. Punta Emilia is a seafood restaurant on the beach which I recommend. You need to make a reservation for that. Also check out the paella party on the Colonial beach at noon on Sundays.

Feel free to ask anything. We’ve been there many times

Map

Punta Emilia

Anne
            Keymaster

Brenda, We must have been typing at the same time!

Here is Ann’s view from 3004. She is there now.

AmanDJinMayheko
              Participant

Awesome! I was hoping we would have that location. It seems within good walking distance of everything we need! Thanks for the tip about Punta Emilia, I will be sure to make a reservation as soon as we arrive. Are there any non-resort places to eat close by that may have some locally caught fish? If we do take a trip off resort, I know that I’ll be hunting for some good eats!

Also, is the Sports Bar open for the summer? I thought that I read somewhere that they were remodeling.

Anne
                Keymaster

The Mayan suites are in the best location(s) on the resort.

Sports bar is open and gets good reviews.

Akumal is a great spot for some fresh seafood. There is currently some conflict going on there between the locals and tour groups but hopefully it will die down and you can catch a colectivo (local van) to get there. Check out Buena Vida, La Cueva del pescador which is owned by a local fisherman, Lo Ha, all on or near Akumal Bay.

The Palladium is not within walking distance of anything. but the local colectivo system is inexpensive and easy. Catch one on the resort side of the highway to go into Playa del Carmen. Cross the highway via the employee tunnel to catch a colectivo south  to Akumal & Tulum.

The Palladium has a very active turtle pogram. Buy a turtle safe flashlight and go down to the beach at night to hopefully catch some turtles laying eggs or hatching.     Turtle Safe

Plan to take a Segway Tour to see the resort early on   Segway Fun Tours

Blueskies
                  Participant

Here is a picture of the remodeled Sports Bar

Sports Bar Riviera Maya

AmanDJinMayheko
                    Participant

Man, that looks awesome. Thanks for the updated picture! I look forward to hanging out there come nightfall to catch my baseball team play, they’re open until 1am correct?

Also, concerning taking the collectivo, I have travel partners who are weary of this method. It is our first time in Mexico, so we don’t really know what to expect. Everyone on the forum seems to approve of this method of transportation, so I’m inclined to ask for more details…Are these buses run by Palladium or are they provided some other way? And is this a public transit that is definitley safe?

Anne
                      Keymaster

I have used the colectivo system for years. It is a Govt run system that was originally designed for locals & staff to get to and from work. The Govt has updated all vehicles and added many more as they have become very popular. They no longer just serve the locals. As an example on my last trip when I walked out the main gate of Colonial to go into PDC with my daughter there was a brand new colectivo parked there waiting for hotel guests. My daughter was a bit hesitant about using a colectivo but changed her mind when she saw the colectivo was new, AC with seat belts  and waiting for guests.(The first colectivo we used years ago was old and we had to hold the door closed. My family thought I had lost my mind.)  The colectivo eventually filled up with hotel guests and we left for PDC (a 20 minute ride). Granted there are reports of accidents just as there are accidents with taxis and rental cars. There are now speed bumps along the highway to force people to slow down. The only other means of getting around is the ADO bus and they have schedules and don’t stop at hotels (except the 2nd class bus).

The colectivos going to PDC leave from the same side of the highway as the resort. They stop at the corner of 2nd & 15th streets which is a short walk to 5th Ave. They pick up in the same location and there is now a line of both tourists and locals using the colectivo.

To go south use the employee tunnel on Colonial side to cross the highway. There is a colectivo stop on the highway  but on the way to the stop you might be approached by a taxi driver who is often willing to negotiate (based on high or low season).

Anne
                        Keymaster

3003 faces path.Extremely close to everything

AmanDJinMayheko
                          Participant

Cool, I’ll be sure to show everyone your post about your experiences with the colectivo. I think it would be something we could definitely do as a group.

Am I being too hopeful to ask if there are any Mayan suite villas that face the ocean? Also does anyone know anything about the “presidential suite” upgrade?

Anne
                            Keymaster

Yes there are Mayan sites on Kantenah side that face the ocean. I won’t give out”my” room number but here is a view.

Kantenah Mayan suite view

Anne
                              Keymaster

If you are a large group you may need to either use more than one colectivo or hire a taxi (4 passengers) or taxi van.

Presidential suites can only be booked through the Palladium Hotel Group site or through the Travel Club. If you have specific questions I can ask Peter to answer. He’s currently in PV but  is accessible.

.palladium hotel group

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Translate »