¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Merry Christmas from Mexico

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Day Trip to Isla Mujeres:

Based on suggestions from friends here we hired Isla Robby via his FB page. He charges about $43 pp for a golf cart tour from 10 am to 4 pm. (More on time later).

We went to the lobby just before 9 and called a taxi. It was very prompt. We were charged $22 to take us to the Juarez ferry. We got on the 9:30 ferry. Ferry was $16 pp RT. My card didn’t work (more on that) so I paid in US cash. Ferry is about 20 minutes and was very smooth. Our driver Daniel was waiting for us in a pre-arranged spot near the ferry. He was very nice and knowledgeable. The first thing I wanted to do was go to an ATM and get additional cash as we were told many on the island only take cash. My card was declined so when we stopped at a cemetary (quiet) I was on the phone with my bank. The bank had told me back home that I didn’t need to notify them when I went to MX but apparently I did. Sorted out we then went to a bank ATM to get more cash.

We stopped at picturesque spots along the way, went to beaches, animal shelter, a ruin, turtle farm, beer tasting, great little hole in the wall lunch place. By then it was about 1:30 and we were tired so I asked Daniel to take us to the ferry. He looked disappointed but we both just wanted to plunk down on a beach chair.
        After exiting the ferry there was a group of taxi drivers. They were aggressive and I was quoted $30 to take us back to the hotel. I said no that’s too much. I began walking away and a nice guy ran after me and asked what I had paid from the hotel. I said $22 and he said OK. The driver that took us back was driving very erratically. I held my breath thinking we may not make it but we did! He took 400 pesos and here we are; alive to see Christmas in Mexico.

I would recommend Isla Robby if you haven’t been to Isla before as we wouldn’t have known where to go. It’s a beautiful island and a nice day trip.o Isla Mujeres

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »