¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Newbie considering June Trip, destinations?

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anne.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      HeidiJo
      Participant

Hi, we are considering a June vacation and were keen on Riviera Maya, however will the be renovations  evident, with the associated disruptions. Should this be the case we are more than open to your suggestions of an alternate GP resort. A direct flight which won’t break the bank, from Houston is preferable. We are a couple and 13 year old son. We usually stay at the Barcelo Riviera Maya but fancy a change. Your opinions most welcome. Thank you.

Blueskies
        Participant

Welcome,

If you are planning your trip in June you will not be affected by renovations. They are schedule to start July 1st.

Palladium Hotel Group offers a price guarantee if booking room only.

https://www.palladiumhotelgroup.com/en/palladium/info/best-price-online/

HeidiJo
            Participant

Many thanks, which section of the hotel has best rooms for our family? Amy reason why people prefer Punta Cana over Mexico, we love Mexico but always willing to investigate other options. With thanks

Blueskies
            Participant

I think a Jr. Suite in either the Colonial or White Sand section would be a good option for your family. Both have had recent updates and are centrally located.

I think the biggest reason for people loving Punta Cana is the endless beach. However if snorkeling is your thing Mexico is better. I have also heard the food is better in Mexico.  We have not been to PC in years so cant comment on the Palladium resort there, although it looks lovely.

HeidiJo
                Participant

Again thank you for your swift reply. We do love beach but i think it’s cheaper going to Mexico (direct) from Houston.Is there any significant difference between White Sand and Colonial? I’m going to see what I can put together myself for flights and use the GP website for room price seeing as that’s promoted on here, unless it is more cost effective to use a travel agent who is used to handling GP resorts.

Blueskies
                Participant

Feel free to book through any place or agent you feel comfortable with. We travel from Canada so unless we get a great seat sale or use miles for airfare packages are often more affordable. We have booked through orbitz, cheaptickets, expedia and various Canadian tour operators as well as PHG. On our last trip we booked via a friend and traveled under his TC membership.

I always remind people of the price guarantee because if booking air and hotel separately you can possibly save an addition 10% by using the PGH booking guarantee. It pays to shop around.

Anne
                  Keymaster

Welcome!

I agree with Brenda. My daughter and I prefer Riviera Maya. She missed the 24 hour beach bas when we went to Punta Cana. She missed the late night snacks and get togethers at the beach bars.  I missed the great coffees at sunrise.Food is better in MX IMHO. Lots to do for the teens in both places..

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Translate »