¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Relaxing trip to Costa Mujeres

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Grand Palladium Costas Mujeres. 8/6 thru 8/13

As I always am used to, it was time to do my review .. I will be fair and clear when it comes to mentioning the good the bad and the ugly

* Check-in was quite fast despite the fact that there were certain incidents with another guest who was having a lot of drinks .. but the inside was very well managed and they quickly attended to that guest and took her out of the lobby, leaving the lobby quieter.
        I have to highlight the work of Daniel Sanchez, we were received by him all the time and every day he called us to the room to confirm everything was in condition and if he needed something special.

I must mention that we are repeat clients of the Palladiums this was our visit number 10, having mentioned this they gave us the gray and black VIP bracelet with all the rights to the restaurants, bars and pool of TRS Coral.

Our room was 11318 with a spectacular view and very accessible to everything in the surroundings. Golf cars service 10+ all day moving around with guest and also the boats in the canals all day too.

I will start by mentioning the a la carte restaurants in the same order.I visited.
        The first day we were lucky that they let us have dinner without reservation at the Tentazione Italian restaurant in the TRS Coral area, after dinner we went to Chic Cabaret great show it is a most to visit and watch the show. excellent ! Romina made the reservations for me before I arrived that Friday, seats were great.

At the Tentazione the food and the service a 10, all very well prepared and delicious. Service extraordinary.

On the second day we reserved La Adelita, with the illusion of eating Mexican food, this Adelita has nothing to do with the one located in RM, definitively, we like food more the way it is made in RM, I will highlight the service and the attention was very good, only that it lacked a little more Mexican touch to that dinner.

Third day – my nightmare El Gaucho in the TRS area, the food was not acceptable at all, I asked for the lamb and it seemed that it was boiled, my husband requested Outside Skirt and the meat came with out the grill marks , the roast style meat did not have the marks everything seemed like boiled or baked, the concept of a Argentina Restaurant was really far away of the actual Parrilla Restaurant. Service great but Kitchen not that great.

Fourth night we ate at the Isla Blanca Buffet in the GP area because from the dinner from the night before my stomach was very upset and I wasn’t able to eat nothing, only drink water and sprite. At the buffet a waitres name Nancy brought me some remedies and tea for my stomach, and she recommend a vegetables cream ( delicious) and from that point that night I was able to rest all night day after I was feeling much better and enjoyed the rest of my days.

Fifth night I was already much better on my stomach and we ate at CHANG THAI, the food was OK .. my husband ordered some ribs but the meat of the ribs were absent .
        Sixth night we ate at Dorado the food OK, nothing out of the ordinary.
        Last dinner a la carte we made reservation for Temtazione again, and again service and food 10.
        Every day at lunch we grab something at Portofino, food very nice and service good too. Many options from sushi to pasta to Mexican dishes.

One morning we had breakfast at Capricho very good service and a lot of selections.
        We only missed the salad bars at the Ala Carte restaurants. That is when you realized , we are COVID ‘s times.
        Drinks some of the bars not that good others very good, mini bar at the room very well stocked.

Room service excellent, my housekeeper Rosa a sweet , every day she took care of the room, I always gave her a tip, and out of the 7 nights I requested change of the sheets because I sweat overnight due to the stomach issues from The Gaucho ‘s dinner, and she did it with an smile.
        We have a great friend that works behind the scene, and was very good to see him again. We meet at the lobby and spend time with him.

*** I want to highlight the important work of each of the employees in the detail for cleaning and compliance with hygiene standards to avoid contagions. Upon arrival we made the reservation for the PCR test two days before our departure from the hotel and everything was very well organized.
        In summary, we spent very pleasant days, we came renewed and ready to return this time we had a to visite PC, I owe it to Diego Diaz Cabrera.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »