¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Remarkable entertainment (TRS Yucatan, GP)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Bonnie stayed in TRS Yucatan in May 2023

To provide some context, we have been fortunate enough to visit various luxury hotels and all-inclusive resorts, including Le Blanc, Excellence (ERC), Xupah Palace (which unfortunately closed after a hurricane), Grand Palladium White Sands, Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana Princess Live Aqua (5 times), and TRS (7 times). We are hoping to return in May.

Throughout our stay, we have experienced a consistently high standard of service from our butlers, Guillermo, Jorge, and the new addition, Andres, who shows great potential. The food has been exceptional, with Chef Jose Gamboa impressing us with his sushi creations at the sushi bar. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the filet mignon at La Boehm, expertly served by the attentive Jose. Personally, I indulged in the delectable seafood options. The bars were fantastic, and the talented mixologist at Churchill’s created an exquisite espresso martin on fire. In terms of food, the Japanese cuisine, especially the sushi crafted by Chef Jose Gamboa, and the dining experience at La Bohem, particularly with Jose’s exceptional service, were highlights.

The entire Grand Palladium resort, not just TRS, boasts stunning grounds that surpass any other all-inclusive resorts we have visited. However, on this occasion, what truly stood out was the entertainment. While many guests may praise the white party and the 20s-themed events, we were more impressed by the solo musicians, duets, and bands. As self-proclaimed music snobs who frequently seek out exceptional live performances, we were treated to some remarkable Latin bands. During breakfast and lunch, a renowned violinist from a well-known orchestra serenaded us, showcasing her talent. There was also a phenomenal pianist-singer, possibly from Switzerland, who captivated us with songs in English, Spanish, and French. Additionally, there was a Mexican duo performing at La Adilita, located on the Grand Palladium side.
        However, my absolute favorite musical experience was provided by a band called Conclasse. We eagerly anticipate their performances every year, as they never fail to amaze us. To my astonishment, they were even better than ever. We thoroughly enjoyed their shows at Colonial, but what truly stood out was their performance during a lunchtime outdoor Paella party. That has become a cherished part of our visits. Previously, we used to hear them just outside the beach bar, but this time they played by the pool, which was an even more delightful experience. Mario Septiembre Dosmil, the band leader, is incredibly talented, and the other two musicians, including a young lady with a magnificent voice, add to the band’s brilliance. If only they played more often, I would make it a point to see them every chance I had while at TRS.

In conclusion, our travels to various luxury hotels and all-inclusive resorts have exposed us to exceptional service, delectable cuisine, and breathtaking grounds. However, what truly set this experience apart was the remarkable entertainment, with solo musicians, duets, and bands leaving a lasting impression. Among them, Conclasse stood out as an absolutely amazing band, and we eagerly await their performances each year. Our time at TRS was truly unforgettable, and we look forward to returning for another extraordinary visit in May.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »