¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports RSY – Exceeded Expectations by Amanda B

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Llet me start by saying I am so sorry that it has taken this long for me to write my review. We stayed at the Royal Suites from November 26 – Dec 3. My husband and I travel quite a bit and in all honesty I am often disappointed. I tend to get my hopes and expectations too high and almost make it impossible for a resort to live up to what I’ve built in my mind. This however was NOT one of those vacations.

Every step of the way, every moment of our vacation I was surprised and blown away that staff could be so very kind and could anticipate our needs before we even knew we needed things.

Check in was a breeze and my metropolitan martini was fabulous!! We were very pleased with our room, a Royal Suite. And thank you for the offer of the upgrade to a Mayan Suite, I felt badly declining, but our room as perfect for our needs.

The pools and staff in the Royal sectional are fabulous!!! Yvonne took such amazing care of us! I actually cried when we said “see you again soon” on our last day . This sweet sweet woman ensured we wanted for nothing our whole week. Her professionalism and kindness are above and beyond expectation.
        Meals in ElJardin were outstanding. Adolfo was the server we had at most dinners and I cannot say enough wonderful things about this man!!! His kindness and desire to take such good care of us was beyond imagination. He truly made our week. I felt so special every meal. It truly broke both my husbands and my hearts to say good bye on our last day. Gaspar was the gentleman that took care of us at breakfast, and I have to say “what a sweetie”! Each and every morning he greeted us with a smile, made sure my husband had hot churro’s and my orange juice glass was never empty!!
        Our week was relaxing, stunningly beautiful and over way to fast!!
        I had read “not to sweat the small stuff” before we left, and yes we encountered a few bumps in the road (we had broken a glass in our room and it took three phone calls and 6 hours to get the glass cleaned up, our butler in our villa was NEVER to be found, and the POP staff at the sports complex were definitely not the nicest at all), but they were minor bumps and easy to see past when absolutely EVERYTHING else was 150%.

I cannot express enough the sense of family, true appreciation for our business, and care we felt while staying here. We only have one regret, and that’s that we did not join the Travel Club while on this vacation. We have already booked a return trip for May, however with Grand Palladium Riviera, due to bringing our daughters who are 20 and sadly only 17. ( One more year before we can take our youngest to the Royal section. ) The count down is on and we can’t wait!!! We will miss all of our new “family” in the Royal section, however we are excited to meet new family on our next adventure.

Stayed November 2015, traveled as a couple

Anne
        Keymaster

Thanks for sharing Amanda. I agree “Don’t sweat the small stuff!” Love RSY!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Translate »