¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Saturday in Paradise

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Had a wonderful meal in Punta Emilia last night with the full moon overhead.

Today awoke to over cast skies, then rain, now partial sunshine. After breakfast we may venture into PDC.

Will check back.

loke
        Participant

The moon was perfect here too but it would have been even better at the GP. Sounds like the Royal treatment all way round, relax, enjoy which you so deserve.

Anne
          Keymaster

After sitting through some rain while sipping cappucino in the Royal lobby Abby and I decided to go into PDC.Abby was hesitant to take a colectivo as the last time we rode one we had to literally hold the door closed! I assured her that they are much improved. We wandered out the Colonial gate and there was a colectivo waiting.It sat for awhle until it was mostly full of hotel guests. In PDC the colectivos gather at the corner of Calle 2 & 15th, just a short walk to 5th Ave. I stopped first in Playa Mart where I have always found what I wanted at a good price. The gentleman there was very helpful and we kept his suggestions and prices in mind as we wandered out. We went to the newer section (south) where Abby found a dress for NY Eve. We then wandered back and checked some local shops. One woman made us feel very highly pressured and had purchases wrapped for us before we had agreed. She tried to grab my CC. We immediately felt uncomfortable and went back to Playa Mart for our tequilla and vanilla where they gave us a very good price. Then we began walking back to the colectivo when Abby spotted just the item she was looking for.The shopkeeper was very quiet and polite and gave us a good price so we were very happy. Had to wait in line for colectivo back but no problem. $3 US each so price was right.

Some lines we heard, “I give a good price to pretty girls. For you almost free”. “I saw you at breakfast at the Palladium this morning”(not so – saw our bracelets). So beware. If it doesn’t feel right keep walking.

We enjoyed a lovely lunch at Kabah which has more of a selection than El Gran Azul as does La Hacienda.

Anne
            Keymaster

Sitting in Royal lobby waiting for a wi fi password to use in non-Royal areas. Wi fi has been great here in Royal. Roxanna just arrived to give me the code.

Jessica in Royal has been wonderful as have all the staff. She asked Abby about her birthday. Attention to detail.

We both had lobster at El Jardin.Abby had the tortilla soup and I a shrimp salad. We shared some lamb chops. Eating our way through the days! Yum.We try to walk to wear off some of this food.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Translate »