Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Boatchick
      Participant

Mystery Fruit...

I am always up for trying “new foods”….I’ve seen this fruit on the breakfast buffets and finally decided I have to try some after seeing a lady fill a cereal bowl with them. Umm the texture was sort of mushy and slippery, the taste a “bland sweetness”, it looked like there could have been some type of seed in the middle…What is It??? Well this is where the fun began… I asked our favorite waitress Landi if she knew what it was..her answer “Special Fruits”, Ok so then she asks another waiter if he knew what it was…his answer again “special fruit”..Ok I definitely want to find out what this is… I see Viridiana, the diningroom supervisor and ask her if she knew what it was…. Umm…”no but I will find out!”….Ok so she asks the girl making crepes, she doesn’t know,the “egg lady doesn’t know either… then Viridiana takes a few back to the kitchen to ask the chef…This is turning into an adventure…After about 10 minutes in the main kitchen with various staff trying to find out what this fruit is …. I finally get my answer… Lichi Berries… between you and I…they weren’t very good…but trying to find out what they were was a lot of fun and a lot of laughes, after it was all over… Thanks to all the staff who tried to find out what the “Special fruit” really is called… I tried them once and I’ll leave it at that…

Anne
        Keymaster

That is funny. Staff really do go “above and beyond”.

Blueskies
          Participant

Great story, I am glad you figured everything out. There is no stopping you now.

Boatchick
            Participant

I find it amazing how the staff takes note of the “little things” like this… this situation is more than “special fruit” it is the willingness of the staff to put forth the extra effort…..This is just one of the reasons we keep returning to the GP.
              Till we meet again...
              Viridianna solved the Mystery Fruit

Boatchick
              Participant

Thanks Brenda…Boy do you have confidence in me…Only took 3 tries to learn how to find the pic. url LMAO

joan
                Participant

Great story. We have experienced so many times that the staff go above and beyond. They are “special”.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Translate »