¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Traveling to TRS Coral while pregnant

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Copied with permission from Stephanie

I’ll share more (including pictures) later but first wanted to post about visiting this resort while pregnant, as I couldn’t find much information on it ahead of time! We stayed in #TRS but used many #GP facilities as well.

In my room requests when we booked I mentioned I’d be pregnant and requested a room that was centrally located. On check in we got exactly that – the view from our loft suite was not great but it was very close to the elevator, TRS pool, the beach, and path to the beach pool/Posiedon.

Our room was adorably decorated by our butler with rubber ducks, crayons, baby bibs, and balloons which was so nice after a long day of travel and a great start to our stay.

Getting around the resort was no issue at all. I stuck to walking for the most part but for anyone with mobility issues, the golf carts and boats were everywhere and always happy to give you a ride. We did try the boats and the staff were so kind helping me get on and off safely.

All of the staff at this resort are incredible. Everywhere I went I was met with warm smiles and congratulations, and questions about when I’m due and if it’s a boy or girl. Wait staff were all very careful to make sure I was comfortable with what I’d ordered, and generally shared stories about their family or how wonderful it is having kids. Such a nice change from the “you’ll never sleep again” sort of comments I get at home!  🙂

There were no issues ordering all sorts of fancy drinks without alcohol. During the day we typically sat on the building 1 side of the TRS pool as it had more shade, and Wendy was our server. She was so wonderful at suggesting new fun drinks (“for the baby!”) And re-confirming each time that there was no alcohol in it. Tons of variety and everything was delicious.

We still wanted to do an excursion so I contacted Dan Palka to see if the catamaran tour would be safe, as most of the public ones said no. Dan assured me I’d be safe and well taken care of and he was so right! I’m often still nauseous in the mornings and the day of the excursion was no exception, but Dan was quick to get me a bottle of water and regularly check to make sure I was doing ok. The staff of Cancun Sailing were so great at making sure me (and everyone else) got on and off the boat safely and had a great time, and the smaller numbers on the tour meant the boat did not feel even a little cramped. There were plenty of non-alcoholic drink options, and lunch was delicious. The day was wonderful and I’m so glad I booked it.

Finally the mosquitos. I was mildly worried about zika but my midwife gave me some more recent data about confirmed cases and told me she is no longer recommending against travel to Mexico at all. She suggested I be smart about what activities I do and pack bug spray but otherwise enjoy. I honestly did not even see a mosquito let alone get bit by one (largely thanks to the steady breeze I’m sure) so this ended up being a non-issue. Everyone’s comfort level will be different here so make your own decisions with your healthcare team but I’m glad I didn’t cancel.

Overall we had an absolutely amazing, relaxing week, and felt so safe and well taken care of. I wouldn’t hesitate returning, or recommending this resort to anyone else looking for a getaway while pregnant. We’re sad to have to leave!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »