¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Traveling with credit & debit cards

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

From Manuel:

A piece of advice.
        When travelling abroad I tend to pay with my debit card. But in some countries(as in the USA), hotels and rental cars need credit card because of prepayments authorisations.
        Last year we rented a car in Miami and one month ago our credit card was charged with 150 usd because according to the rental car we had and speeding ticket. 9 months later we got our money back because we could demosntrate that when the car was “fined” we were still in Havana and we rented the car that evening.
        Today my credit card has been charged with 200 usd by the Days Inn hotel where we stayed 3 months ago in San Antonio, Tx. The charge has been rejected by my bank as soon I have received the SMS of the charge and my American Express has been blocked and cancelled.
        So my bank has advised me that everytime I come back home after an international trip I should contact them to cancel the credit card I have used while being abroad. I don’t know if you will find that useful or not but I’ll try next time because I’m a little bit tired of these problems.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »