¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Treated like Royalty by Michelle Burton

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Trip Report Grand Palladium Kantenah Mayan Suite

Oct 17-23, 2015

It’s been several years since we have been back to the Grand Palladium in Riviera Maya due to our wanderings to the Palladiums in Punta Cana and Jamaica, and I can say it was good to be home!

We arrived early in Cancun from a direct flight from Cleveland and got through customs in record time. We were on our way with AGI Tours (highly recommend Javier’s team as they do an outstanding job!) within 30 minutes after landing!

Upon arrival, one of the bell boys/drivers immediately recognized us and said he remembered us from a few years back! I am sorry to say I can’t remember his name but he is a gem. That really made my day. Check in was quick and we were upgraded to a gold bracelet (includes use of the Royal area) since we have stayed at the Palladiums over 8 times. We were really early and our room wasn’t ready yet so we headed for the ice cream at the pool buffet…as usual, it was delicious.

Unfortunately, as is usual with our trips to Mexico, it was raining so we headed over to the Colonial lobby bar (for some reason it is always more hoppin’ than the Kantenah lobby). We immediately ran into some friends we had made in years past who normally travel the same week we do in October! We found that they and we were once again in the Kantenah Mayan suites and actually in the same building as we were. What a great way to start the trip!

Arriving to our suite, we were on the second floor, room 3505, facing the road instead of the ocean. This was not a big deal as we still were right by the ocean. The rooms have been upgraded since we were last there and they are gorgeous! We have previously stayed in the ground floor Mayan suite however we requested 2nd floor this time just for a change. The vaulted ceilings are a nice touch and there is a window you don’t have on the ground level. The outdoor shower (my favorite part of the room) is a little smaller and doesn’t have the plant life on the first floor but is more private. The bed was comfy, pillows not comfy at all, and the bathroom hairdryer was great! Usually hotel hairdryers are not good so this is worth mentioning.

Almost every day we had towel animals and extra waters in our fridge that we requested. As returning guests, the Palladium management (Andrea Diaz, Lourdes Estrada) treated us like royalty- truly. Their commitment to customer service is the reason we will return again and again to the Palladium. When we arrived, we had champagne and a fruit basket and that evening we received chocolate covered strawberries in our room! The next day the most gorgeous floral arrangement arrived and a cheese and fruit platter. We got chocolate covered strawberries several times during the week!

The wait staff at the Royal beach area were amazing. Fernanda was so sweet and attentive, bringing drinks and fruit cups and Alejandro went out of his way when he saw me looking for a Bali bed to make one up for me. Each morning I would go down and when he saw me he would right away come and make up a bed for me.

We ate in the buffet most of the time. They now have an even greater choice of foods, including prime rib and Creme Brulee in the desserts! It was fantastic! I never had a problem getting refills on coffee in the mornings or getting cappucinos after dinner. Everything we had was great at the buffet. We ate at El jardín once and I had lobster which was very good. We ate at the Steakhouse and had filet mignon and it was amazing. The show/food at the Japanese restaurant, as always, was great.

I honestly cannot say anything negative about the resort or the staff. I can, however, say that the guests need to learn some manners. Please don’t take a plateful of food that you can’t eat. If you want to try something, take a tiny amount and if you want more, go back. I saw people who acted like they have never been to a buffet in their lives – piling their plates up and leaving it. So wasteful! And others who eat the decorations – if there is a giant glass tower of marshmallows and then marshmallows in a tray, don’t stick your fingers down into the tower to get one! Don’t touch food and put it back! Don’t eat, dripping crumbs into the buffet as you peruse it. And please accompany your children to the buffet. I saw one little boy who couldn’t reach high enough to even see what he was doing, pick up a roll which then dropped to the floor. He retrieved it, BLEW on it, and put it back in the bin. That being said, I do think the Palladium should go back to squirting hand sanitizer on everyone’s hands that enter the buffet.

One last thing…do the Segway tour. It is a total blast and much easier than it looks. I love the Palladium and can say that they have their guests in mind in all they do. Go…you will love it.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »