¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports TRS Yucatan- Best resort we've ever visited

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Caitlin reports:

My husband and I just returned from TRS Yucatan, and it was hands down the best resort we have ever visited. We arrived on July 1st and returned home on July 8th. When we got to the resort we were greeted with champagne, and taken to our room within 10-15 minutes.
        ROOM: We booked a junior suite with pool, and received a very private room with lots of sunshine in building 67. We were located right next to the infinity pool and Helios. The room was very modern, clean, and the AC worked great! Our butlers were absolutely amazing. Jessica arrived to our room to go over all the features and to help us set up the online app and WiFi. I would consider my husband and I to be pretty easy guests, and we did not think we would utilize the butler service very much since we normally prefer to do things ourselves. However, Jessica and Ramon were always finding ways to surprise us with things we didn’t even know we wanted. Ramon would stop by our room at night to drop off additional Dos Equis, and one morning Jessica brought us a whole bottle of champagne because she knew we were ordering room service for breakfast. The night we went to Chic we returned to beautiful rose petals, swans made from towels, a bottle of tequila with limes, and champagne. We weren’t celebrating a special occasion, so we were truly surprised that we received such a sweet setup. I could go on and on about how amazing Jessica and Ramon were. They were truly the highlight of our trip.
        FOOD: We ate breakfast at Helios and Capricho. They both have a la carte and buffet/tasting tables. We also ate lunch at Helios twice. The food was good at both restaurants. We spent a lot of time in our private pool, so we ordered room service one morning and two or three lunches. Every time it was delicious! We also ordered room service for dinner two nights. One night my husband wasn’t feeling very well and the other night it was raining, so we didn’t want to venture out. If anyone orders room service while it’s raining, I would recommend ordering very early. We ordered around 9:30pm, and did not receive our food until around midnight. The resort was working very hard to get everyone their food, and even had a server still dressed in his Chic uniform deliver our food. We understood they were very busy because of the rain and tried to be patient. The seafood paella next to the infinity pool was delicious. We almost skipped over it because we weren’t that hungry, but someone by the pool told us we had to try it because it was so good (thank you kind stranger).
        Our dinners at Tentazione and El Gaucho were phenomenal! We ate at both of these restaurants twice. I will be dreaming about the lamb from Tentazione and the mashed potatoes and creamed spinach from El Gaucho until our next visit. I did not enjoy La Boheme as much, but my husband really liked it. I was a little under the weather the night we went there, so I don’t think I had much of an appetite. Overall the food was very very good, and we didn’t eat anything that we truly disliked.
        CHIC: My husband and I normally like to fall asleep right after dinner because we are early risers, but I am so happy we stayed up for the show! There are a lot of reviews about CHIC, so I won’t spend too much time repeating everything that has been said. The talent is amazing, and the food is delicious too. We received a table next we one of the side platform stages, so we were very close the the action. The power went out for a little while during the show, but it just gave us time to grab a selfie using the table lamp.
        BEACHES: Yes, the seaweed is there, but the water was still very clear. We walked to the beach at least once or twice a day. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the infinity pool to the TRS beach section, or you can jump on a shuttle to take you there. We preferred to walk so we could see all the great wildlife. However, you have to pass the area where the resort piles the seaweed before they remove it, so it is a bit smelly for a few minutes. I think this just made us walk a little faster. The TRS beach section was great. There were plenty of Bali beds available, and the bartenders at La Jarra were always very friendly.
        POOLS: We only visited the infinity pool because it was so close to our room. It never felt crowded even when there were a lot of people there. Luis at the pool bar closest to Helios was very attentive. The tropical fantasy drink was my favorite! This was a great place to relax and soak up some sun.
        SPA: We booked massages for the last day. You will get a better deal if you book with a Zentropia Spa representative around the pool or beach. The massages were great, and the spa was beautiful! We did a quick walk through before our massages, but since it was our last full day we did not stay at the spa after. It seemed like there were a lot of areas to visit, and you could easily stay there all day.
        Overall our stay could not have been any more perfect! We visited Grand Palladium in Punta Cana for our honeymoon a few years back and we definitely prefer Rivera Maya.
        This group was a great help to plan our trip, and I think we really got the most out of our visit because of all the advice offered! Thanks Anne and Brenda for all y’all do!

Anne
        Keymaster

Happy Sunday

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Translate »