¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports Wedding at TRS Yucatan – Wow

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

From Gemma

We have just returned from our wedding & 2 weeks at TRS Yucatan. All I can say is WOW 😍. Never in our lives have we experienced such a level of quality & service. I can totally see why they have so much repeat custom. I have seen a few less than great reviews on here recently but, we didn’t have a poor experience at all. A huge Thankyou to this group for all the inside info as without it, we wouldn’t have known about half the resort & where things were!

We stayed in a suite (6930) & my parents had a junior suite (6935). Great location just behind the “quiet” pool. Both had huge Jacuzzis on the balcony. Your wristband is the room key so no rummaging round in bags. Spacious & airy… I mean, they even plug a little fragrance thing into the wall so the whole room smells nice throughout your stay. The only thing that I can think of that people might have an issue with is that the lovely lighting in the rooms is not quite bright enough for you to properly see to put any make up on. Our friends stayed in kantenah in block 42 & 45 & their rooms were lovely too.

The food was the best we’d had on any holiday & didn’t manage to eat at all the restaurants. I can’t pick a favourite they were all great. My least favourite was Posidon (fish restaurant). The menu read “fish with this, fish with that” but the waiter didn’t know which fish haha. Service was prompt everywhere & they seem to be very hot on food allergies. Chocolate night at Hemingways was a winner & we probably wouldn’t have known about that if it wasn’t for this site.

At first, I felt a bit weird about having a butler having never experienced anything like this before. We soon got used to it! Ricardo & Claudia were great. Brought us an iron, called carts & made reservations. We celebrated our wedding & my wife’s birthday (haha… WIFE). On the wedding night there was fizz in the room & petals everywhere. Birthday night there was fizz in the room, balloons & a cheeseboard. I’m sure they do that kinda stuff all the time but have a really great way of making you feel like you’re the only people in the world to ever celebrate something.

Chic was out of this world. Even if you’re not staying in the TRS, It’s well worth the money to visit. We spent a lot of evenings round the colonial lobby as that seemed to be where the action was. Even crashed the salsa party after our wedding. My only grumble is that there is no place to dance or continue the fun after 12-1am.

Loads of wildlife… Birds, kotis, raccoons, lizards, fish, frogs, snakes 😱. Then there’s the crocs & flamingos. Before we arrived, we saw that there had been a bit of a seaweed situation. This was fine… Some parts of the beach was better than others but it really wasn’t an issue.

Fantastic resort & we will return 100%. We had the BEST time. Thanks again to this group. I’ve included a few piccys from our time exploring.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »