¡Bienvenidos! Forums Trip Reports White Sands March, 2017

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Holliemollie
      Participant

We enjoyed our 13th trip to Grand Palladium 3/7-3/15/2017.  We got to stay an extra bonus day due to a blizzard in upstate NY, which was handled wonderfully by the White Sands front desk staff.  We had no idea if we would be able to stay on, but, after a short wait, we were advised ‘No problem, and you can even stay in your current room – no need to move”  We couldn’t have asked for a better outcome!

To recap our trip, we were granted VIP status for our 13 year loyalty, which we GREATLY appreciate.  We have made friends over the years with several employees, and always look forward to seeing them – it is part of the excitement of the trip.  Most importantly are Marlene and Lourdes in the White Sands morning buffet, and this year we met Monica who was working with Marlene.  Despite the language barrier, there is never a request that is not met, and always big smiles and cheerful attitudes.   Also,  at La Jarra, Irving,  Rodrigo, and Fernanda, who sadly was still at the Colonial bar during our stay.  We visited her there a couple of times and were always greeted with hugs and smiles.  So glad to hear she is back at La Jarra now!

In the evening, Ivette in the White Sands Lobby bar, and Alfredo at the Riviera bar always took such good care of us.  We will definitely look for them on our return next year.

Last but not least, Frederick at La Jarra was very helpful to us every morning to set up our spot on the beach.  Joaquin, who we originally met at White Sands, was with the Travel Club in March, went WAY above and beyond to search out a band aid for me one evening in the White Sands lobby, which made the walking I did the rest of the night much easier and bearable.  Mucho Gracias to Frederick, Joaquin, Rodrigo, Irving, Ivette, Frederick, Marlene, Lourdes and Monica!

For the first time we had to utilize the services of the on staff Dr. because my husband got pink eye.  Dr. Omar was wonderful to us, and quickly diagnosed the problem and wrote a prescription for eye drops.  Within 45 minutes of giving the prescription to our concierge, the drops were delivered.  Cost of prescription was about $33 USD, and it turns out that about $30 of this was the delivery charge.  However, it saved us from going off the property, finding the pharmacy, etc.  Once again Palladium does everything they can to make your stay comfortable!

One last example of the  willingness of staff to accommodate their guests expectations occurred in the White Sand buffet at dinner time.   Several years ago, burrito’s were available where the traditional Mexican food is offered.  I asked for them this year, and, despite (a very large) language barrier, the young man working there indicated that they did not have them, but he would see if they could be available.  Two nights later, burritos were served!  It seems there is no end to the effort made to keep guests happy.

I can’t imagine any place better than the Grand Palladium – the grounds, the beach, the wonderful staff – all keep us coming back year after year.  We look forward to our 14th trip in 2018!

Anne
        Keymaster

Thanks for sharing. It’s these things that keep us coming back!

Holliemollie
          Participant

It strikes me as noteworthy that, as I read trip reports here and on other boards, no matter where in the resort guests are staying, the staff goes out of their way to be helpful.  I frequently read names of staff that I don’t know in the Kantenah, Royal and Colonial sections, yet, to the guests, they are the most exceptional staff member on premise.  I think this speaks to the pride and attitude that Palladium invokes.

Anne
            Keymaster

You are 100% right on that!

Anne
              Keymaster

Very nice meeting you recently Hollie Mollie!

Holliemollie
                  Participant

You too, Anne! I hope to get a new trip report posted soon, but work keeps getting in the way!

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Translate »