¡Bienvenidos! Forums Palladium Travel Club Pros and Cons to the Palladium Travel Club- An Opinion

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Panzita
      Participant

I want to start by saying that we joined the Palladium Travel Club in 2011 and have enjoyed using our membership to visit Palladium properties 14 times from 2012 through 2015. Additionally, we have three visits already booked for 2016. I suppose this would be the greatest pro in my opinion, having the ability to travel with greater frequency.

However, here goes. The Palladium Travel Club was designed to help provide a more enhanced vacation experience by combining special prices with additional services. Obviously, the greatest benefit that most members would recognize would be the reduced room rates offered to members. Members receive rates which are significantly lower than those offered on the website with a guarantee of receiving a 10% lower rate if the member can find a lower rate which is able to be verified (this includes if there is a special promotion offered by the hotel). In addition to the special rates, there are a variety of services which offer additional value to a member’s vacation. For every stay of at least 7 nights, members receive free private airport transfers, a gift, Palladium money to be used toward hotel provided services and merchandise from the logo shop, and a complimentary excursion (from a listing of several being offered at the particular location). In my opinion, this adds $300-$400 in value for a vacation stay.

While at the resort, members receive concierge services which include unlimited dinner reservations. And each a la carte restaurant offers a special cart of premium drinks which are only available to Travel Club members. Members receive priority room assignation as a benefit listed in the contract, so Travel Club rooms are assigned before all others are assigned, increasing the likelihood of receiving room requests. All members receive a complimentary bottle (sparkling wine) and a fruit basket upon check in. Also, Travel Club members receive beach towels in the room, so there is no need for those pesky towel cards. Travel Club members have complimentary access to the wet areas of Zentropia, and receive a 20% discount on spa services.

As the Travel Club has grown, more services continue to be added. All of the resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico have exclusive lounges for members…most of which are on the beach (although the lounge in Vallarta is perched atop a cliff with a magnificent view). Members receive private check in which takes place in a private area in Punta Cana and Riviera Maya, and bypasses lines if large groups have arrived. And there is also something to be said for the familiarity of the Travel Club staff. The Travel Club motto is: “From Guest to Family” and the Travel Club staff truly endeavor to treat members not just as guests, but as family. That familiarity is truly special.

As for the cons, as I see them. Firstly, I believe the Travel Club is not right for everyone. Some people just will not be happy if they have a commitment to vacation at the same locations for several years. Some people want more variety, and these people may not be happy with a Travel Club investment. While the offering of world wide exchange weeks seeks to address this, many may not find it satisfactory.

Another con is that a Travel Club membership is an investment, and can be expensive. While that investment will be recouped if you use your membership, not everyone is either in the position to make that purchase, or is willing to make that type of purchase. As I see it, those are the major cons to the Travel Club.

Since I like familiarity and don’t feel the need to visit new and different locations, that was actually a benefit to me. As for the cost, we had been paying our children’s college tuition, and that bill was no longer looking us in the eye, so it really didn’t detract from our budget, the timing was just right. However, as individuals’ situations vary, their perspectives will also vary.

I trust that other members will have additional feedback and viewpoints to help further inform people, this is not a comprehensive list of the Pros and Cons. I look forward to seeing additional comments and questions on the topic.

Anne
        Keymaster

Gracias Peter. Very helpful.

midtowngirl
          Participant

This is a great list! We have friends (a work friend of Mark’s) who just bought a small contract. They first started visiting a couple years ago when we suggested it to them!

This isn’t the right time for us to make that type of investment but it’s a great program!!

springer727
            Participant

I agree with everything! My husband and I are new to the travel club, having joined May 2015 on our first visit to RM. We loved everything about the resort and got a small membership to see if we would like/use it or if it would live up to what they told us. We
              joined on a jr suite level and planned on returning in Sept 15 for our honeymoon. My disappointment is that even though we were members (new) we were not given our recommendation (2nd fl suite, king bed, nice view). We got a 1st fl jr suite next to the road and the staff would walk in front of our balconies as a short cut. I will now tell you the TC staff (Romero) did everything possible to make us happy, we were upgraded to a mayan suite on the beach (Kantenah). We LOVED it so much we upgraded our TC membership to mayan suite level. So for GP this was a win/win. They made us happy and in return we upgraded our membership. We are returning in Feb & once again hoping we get some our requests. I will keep you posted! I think if I am booking my stay 5 months in advance, I should have a high chance of getting my building/floor and possibly room. ( I requested 6 different rooms that I would be happy with). If the rooms are unavailable because other TC members have requested them prior to us I’m good with that. Seniority wins. It’s when they are left empty or given to non members that I get upset. Does anyone have any specific email addresses I can use to request this again? Also, our TC level of mayan suites, what is that level in other GP resorts, like Jamaica and Punta Cana? BTW I Love this site!

Anne
              Keymaster

Welcome Springer, I have this email address.
                reservations@palladiumtravelclub.com

I know with non-members rooms are not assigned until it is close to arrival dates. In the hospitality industry things change frequently so it may be that they do not assign TC rooms until it is closer to your dates.

I LOVE the Kantenah MS! Have fun.

Panzita
                Participant

First of all, I am glad you are enjoying your membership. In addition to trial memberships, there are three basic levels of me,bership: Junior, Governor, amd Presidential. These levels determine what room types you can book theough the Travel Club. At the junior and governor level, there are also plus levels, which entitle you to some additional options…swim up suites for example. Also, there are Ambassador and Signature memberships, which add these room types to your Governor or Presidential membership. Our Membership and Information sheet should contain all of the room types you can book under the Membership Charactersitics portion. This information is repeated inder Clause 1 of your contract.

Mayan Suites are Governor level rooms, so I would think that you would have access to Governor Suites (one bedroom suites woth separate living room) in Riviera Maya and Jamaica, Romance Suites and Honeymoon Suites in Jamaica and Punta Cana, Grandmaster Oceanview suites in Vallarta, as well as a few other room types in Royal Suites Turquesa. Check to see if your membership includes swim up suites or not.

Regarding room assignation, room assignments are made very shortly before arrival, they are not reserved months in advance. What happens os the hotel assigns Travel Club rooms and then assigns non Travel Club rooms. So theoretically, Travel Club members have the best chance of getting their room requests met. They are not guaranteed, however. When making requests, the more specific the request, the less likely to have it fulfilled…and therefore the more likely you would be to be disappointed. Therefore, I would advise you pick what is most important first. Floor level and general location. Third floor, close to pool. Also, request closed concept bathrom if that is important. If you aske for one specific room, you will likely be disappointed…trust me…I know.

Hopefully this helps.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Palladium Travel Club’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              Translate »