¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Big Problems with Booking a la Carte Restaurants at GP Riviera Maya

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Evangaline
      Participant

Anne- Not sure if you are aware, but in the past couple of weeks there have been a virtual flood of angry complaints on social media about the inability to book a la carte restaurants at GP Riviera Maya. Apparently the app is not working reliably, or at all,  and guests are forced to line up at 7am to book the restaurants with limited success. No one goes on vacation with the expectation of needing to do this just to avoid despised buffet dinners. The kicker is that many report passing the a la carte restaurants during dinnertime, to find them often mostly empty, yet they will not take walk-ins. Some have gone so far as to take a taxi to an off-resort restaurant to have dinner. Of course, they all vow never to book this resort again. In my time as a travel blogger, I have rarely encountered quite this much angst and disappointment.

I know you have some contacts with management. I am wondering if you can find out what is going on and whether there is any intention to fix the issue. It does not work that these restaurants are such a struggle to book unless you are part of the travel club or Family Select unless consumers are advised of this beforehand.

Thank you

Anne
        Keymaster

Evangeline, I am aware of this and the most recent reports including one I posted today said things are much better.  There are always glitches when a new hotel opens and these reports came out during a new hotel soft opening during Christmas which is the busiest week of the year.

Management does read my Facebook page on this hotel and have posted there.  Kantenah FS Facebook

Here is Jessica’s report from today. She is currently at the Family Select  Jessica’s FS report

Evangaline
          Participant

Thanks. Really do hope this gets fixed. People really do look forward to their vacations and don’t want them ruined.  Must say I am a bit confused about saying the GP Riviera Maya is a “new hotel”.  I first visited this resort 11 years ago and while there have been some changes over the years, it is still the same resort to my knowledge. I mean Family Select is new but that has nothing to do with the rest of the resort where people are facing problems booking the a la carte restaurants.

Anne
            Keymaster

Well the Family Select is a brand new hotel as Kantenah has been closed for 6 months.

I went to the opening of TRS Yucatan & TRS Coral and those were new hotels dealing with opening issues, ie schedules, staffing, amenities etc. I believe I was the first guest in my Loft Suite at Coral and there were opening issues. Anyone who goes to a new resort (probably at opening prices) needs to expect opening issues.  These issues obviously carried across the resort but are being resolved

Evangaline
              Participant

The problems are not with the Family Select thing. It is everywhere else: White Sand and Colonial and the parts of Kantenah that are not FS. Seems the staff was siphoned off of the main resorts to service this new FS. People in all other parts of the resort are having trouble with everything like even getting beach towels. Some are given face cloths instead of bath towels in their room. No toilet paper and, of course, the nightmare around booking the a la carte restaurants that are sitting mainly empty due to staff shortages. I will be a returning customer later this month and was expecting the same experience as I had other times. I really don’t want to admit this, but I am regretting my decision and I can’t cancel now. I feel really bad about convincing friends to book here. Hoping things are better by the time we get there, but not sure about that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Translate »