Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

I have an email asking about changes in P RM since 2005. I thought I’d post here in case I forget something and/or for the info of others.

The complex now consists of 5 resorts. (Originally it consisted of 2, i.e. Kantenah & Colonial). All guests have access to four resorts, including unlimited a la cartes (new since 2005). (Some new a la cartes) Those are Colonial, Kantenah, White Sand, & Riviera. There is a 5th adult only area for Royal guests which is the Royal Suites Yucatan. (new since 2005) Here is a description of all the hotels in RM.

Resort descriptions RM

I don’t know when the salt water pool was built but that is a favorite feature and is at the south end of the resort with bali beds and soft music.

Over the years the resort has become a lot more lush. Many green features have been added including upgraded reusable plastic beach cups and recycling containers strategically located.  Plastic recyclable plates at beach bars, cardboard coffee cups at beach bars.

There is now a turtle sanctuary on the Kantenah beach. Last year the resort saved over 1,000 turtle nests.

Beautiful new chapel offering Mass.

Some adult only pools, an adult only a la carte per night, adult only piano bar at Hemingways with special coffee menu.

Many new refurbishments (Colonial, Kantenah, Royal Suites), lobbies, some a la carts, sports bar

Two shows in theaters each night with live music in two lobbies before and after shows.

Unlimited a la cartes in 9 restaurants (only 2 need reservations), 2 beach bars with upgraded menus open 24/7, upgraded food in buffets. They no longer have “theme” nights but have “corners” such as Asian corner with sushi in La Hacienda.

For families there is a new kids water park.There is also a baby club (1-3) kids club 4+. As a family I’d suggest staying on Colonial. As adults only I’d suggest the Kantenah Mayan suites which are on the Kantenah beach or the Royal Suites Yucatan. These are not on the beach but are provided many extra amenities including an adult only environment with a lobby, pool, restaurant.

Free  WiFi for all. Premium for Royal guests.Upgrade available for a cost.

The resort staff are constantly primping, cleaning updating. Resort is immaculate.

There is now ice cream at the bars and a hot dog cart at the main pools. There is also cotton candy.

Some smoke free areas including all indoor restaurants, lobbies, indoor bars except Churchills.

There is now a “Travel Club”. This is not timeshare. It is a “club” for which guests pay a fee  for extra privileges such as discount on hotel rooms, airport transfers, access to TC lounge, premium liquor and more.There is aTC description. For non-TC repeat guests there are some extra amenities offered when available.

Travel Club

There is room service for all, wait service at the main pools. Men’s dress code has been relaxed for the a la cartes.

Here is my last trip report.My daughter and I stayed at Royal Suites Yucatan RSY and Kantenah Mayan Suites are my favorite locations.

Trip Report RSY vs KMS

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »