¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Does the Hotel Really Favor Travel Club Over All Other Guests?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Panzita
      Participant

For some people who think that Travel Club members can simply push ahead to the front of a line and get seated immediately, it just simply isn’t true. This was certainly shown in a post by a member who had to wait because she had arrived that day and didn’t have a dinner reservation. To further illustrate the point, I will share an experience we had Sunday night. We had a reservation for 6 people for 7:30 and arrived and stood in line to hand our reservation to the hostess. When we were the next in line, two young ladies cut in front of us to talk to the hostess about getting on the list. When I interrupted and said that we had been cut in line, I was told she would be with me in a minute. When I said it was rude, she took my reservation and was told to stand inside at the bar. While we were on time for our reservation, we were not seated until 7:55 despite having a member of our party with a disability and requiring a walker. I spoke to the restaurant supervisor and she apologized profusely, but the viewpoint that the hotel gives special access to Travel Club over all other guests is certainly fallacious.

Anne
        Keymaster

Responses on FB:

Robyn: would also like to say, there are some TC members that feel they are allowed to do that. I’ve seen some treat staff so badly, and they literally pushed me out of line in RM…and I had a TC bracelet too, same as them. Some people are just plain rude.

Peter Gittinger Absolutely there are rude guests that are TC and I find it so distasteful. Put the perception that TC members have that ability or somehow get preference to be seated without reservations is certainly not true.
          Louise Claire Evans We experienced this all the time in RM and we are not members. Members who pushed in front were dealt with so really it’s up to the resort to tell them to wait in line or they won’t!

Cape Cod Anne I have also seen this rude behavior with gold bracelet VIP guests. Got me upset at Christmas as I waited for the Christmas Eve gala dinner. I am also a gold bracelet guest and try to be polite. NO ONE is entitled to treat staff or other guests rudely.

Carolina Rdrgz Unfortunately, instances like these is why we are choosing not to return to GP for now. It’s the rudeness of guests and the lack of action by the staff that has ruined it for me. The worst part was waiting in line for the trams, only to be cut off by rude guests. We had children with us and after being cut off many times, we almost always gave up and ended up walking back to our rooms late at night.

Rodney Freeman I also have experienced this. I just excuse by telling myself that these people were raised with no manners or respect.

Cape Cod Anne : Carolina, I am sorry you feel this way as you will find rude people at most resorts. Many resorts now have some sort of club so people sometimes feel “entitled”. I have been going to the Palladium for almost 14 years and it feels like home despite the “rude” people. Staff are wonderful and we are always made to feel special

Peter Gittinger It really bothers me to hear when rude guests mistreat staff or put staff in a situation that they shouldn’t be put in. It makes for an unfair situation for the staff. Unfortunately, as Rodney alluded to, some people lack social skills and general manners. They feel entitled to treat people poorly.

Cape Cod Anne Even before the travel cub I saw people treat staff poorly. Staff are not servants people. My daughter worked at the P in Spain so I have heard many stories of staff mistreatment by guests. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Just think of working with demanding guests 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, living in a dorm away from your family and traveling most of you one day off to see your kids. Think about doing this for very little money. NO ONE is entitled to treat staff poorly.

Lynn Shallenberger
          Lynn Shallenberger The staff put up with a lot of BS and always with a smile on their faces… The rudeness and “entitlement” of some guests is awful…I guess the “Golden Rule” does not apply to them…

Amber Kiss I am no more important than any other person. I cant imagine being rude to other guests or even someone that works there. For me they work harder for less pay. This year I even had one of the drivers remwmbwr me from last year. He had to ask my name but remember it all week. And I ever needed a ride he would take me. When I left I gave him a big tip. He almost didnt want to take it. He earned every cent of it. And now we are facebook friends and I cant wait to see him next year.

Peter Gittinger Amber Kiss, very well said.

Peter Gittinger
          Peter Gittinger I was talking with the resort manager at the bonfire tonight. I told him, “Every guest gets the same level of service. Travel Club members receive more services.” Just as Royal guests receive more services.

Dan Peshkin We had yellow apple bracelets In Punta Cana. Supposedly it gave us some type of Vip status. On one occasion my wife and sister were in line for Brazilian and a man and his companion pushed right past them and the hostess just watched it and dos nothin…See More

Kelly Freadrich Let me ask the TC members, when you have a reservation, do you wait in line? Or do you give your reservation to the hostess?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Translate »