¡Bienvenidos! Forums Unofficial Palladium Main Forum Lady Hamilton wedding

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Thank you to Kelly & Congratulations. Lady Hamilton, Jamaica

Wedding Trip Nov 16th-23rd 2021 review
        *long one*
        Stayed as a Travel Club member AND a Bride, along with our 6th stay, so my experience may differ ton some.
        We had private transport to the resort from the Travel Club. Super easy to find in the airport, car was beautiful, air conditioned and driver was very nice. He made us feel safe.
        We check in with the Travel Club, not the wedding department. It was super quick, and very welcoming. They immediately made us feel like family.
        Our room wasn’t ready upon arrival, so we went to the smoking patio by the lobby and chatted with staff we’ve loved over the years. We weren’t out there for more than 15 mins when we were told our room was ready.
        Ofcourse the golf cart guys are amazing and carry all the luggage and make sure you know where everything is in the room. Always tip them! They work hard.
        We were upgraded to a Romance Villa and wow! It’s a stunning room! Outdoor shower, jacuzzi big enough for 2 no matter what size you are, walk in closet, and the view was heavenly! We had 3093 and honestly I don’t think there could be a better room/location on the entire property, but we like privacy and walking. (Its at the very tip of the point so it can be a far walk for some) We had chocolates, fruits and champagne waiting for us too.
        We went to the buffet to grab a quick bite to eat and had a walk around the resort before deciding room service and an early night was needed. (We left home at 3am to start travelling) Room service was quick, hot and delicious! They didn’t question my mixture of items and came to the room with a smile. We thought the $10 delivery fee was well worth it to not have to dress up and deal with “the public” when we were tired.
        The first morning we slept in a bit and met with the Travel Club for our benefits, to book dinner reservations, and spa. That was great and very quick. We did have problems getting into the hibachi cooking show, but in the end we got in.
        We had time for breakfast still so we went to the buffet again. The omelet stations are lovely, along with the cooks and staff. Buffets can take a little longer due to having to be served, but I think its worth it for safety and comfort. Bring extra tips!
        Then we met with the wedding department. Thorna-Ann had everything organized and even got my dress picked up to be steamed and returned by the wedding the next day. She eased my stressed about the wedding.
        We had lunch at the Jerk Hut at Sunset Cove. I missed the original chef but the new “my chicken lady”, who had big shoes to fill, did amazing! Food was absolutely perfect and just as I remembered.
        Since the wedding was the next day I took advantage of the Top Optional part of the Adult Coral Beach and got some sun with no tan lines.
        After the beach we went to Miss Lous for iced coffee before going to get ready for dinner. It was perfect and the staff sure know how to make drinks. The coffee, best in the world!
        For dinner, the night before our wedding, we had reservations for Poseidon. Again we were blown away with the service, the beautiful location and atmosphere and the food. We do miss the salad bars, but you can order any of it off the menu, just felt different.
        We took advantage of our beautiful room, tub, outdoor shower and balcony that night and spent time alone before our wedding.
        Wedding Day. We got up early out of excitement and watched the sun come up from our room. It was beautiful. We spent the morning at the Travel Club beach and Lounge relaxing until our 1pm spa apts.
        Spa was right on time. They did a great job shaving my hubby and my hair and makeup were perfect. I looked like a goddess.
        Thorna-Ann brought me my flowers and helped me get in my dress. (It was just the bride and groom so that was a nice touch)
        However our room still had not been cleaned since arrival. (We arrived Tues, and Thursday the room service plates were still in there and we had no clean towels to get ready with)
        They came to clean the room as I was leaving for the ceremony. They were 15 mins late picking me up, but it all worked out in the end.
        We had paid for an upgraded dinner on the beach with a photo shoot. This was not communicated well by the wedding department and it was very basic compared to advertising. Again, this didn’t ruin my day, but it was addressed the next day. We stopped at the Travel Club lounge for a fancy drink to bring back to our room. When we got back to our room after dinner, they had decorated the room with rose petals, towel art and filled the bathtub with water and bubbles. Such a nice romantic touch! However we didn’t have our wedding cake. They subbed it with 2 cookies and 2 chocolate covered bar cherries! Needless to say, we didn’t leave the room that night.
        We woke up the next morning expecting breakfast in bed at 830am. We called the room service at 730 am to let them know we needed coffee as it was not filled when the room was cleaned. We expected it to come with breakfast. Breakfast finally arrived at 945am and NO coffee. We were quite upset as we felt trapped in our room waiting for breakfast we paid for *upgrade with the wedding* and when it finally arrived, no coffee nor was it the menu advertised.
        At this point we left the food and went to the Travel Club to express our difficulties.
        They were very apologetic and told us to enjoy our vacation while they advocated for us. THAT is why we’re members!
        We got coffee at Miss Lous finally, but was too late for breakfast now and had to wait for lunch to open.
        We made the best of it by going down to sunset cove, after stopping for drinks at the Travel Club to bring with us. We briefly relaxed and then visited my chicken lady which always makes us happy.
        We had dinner at the Xamaican Restaurant that night with reservations through the Travel Club. Because I was craving oxtail or stew beef, and neither are on the menu, I tried the steak, however I was not a fan. The sauce and sides were delicious. Hubby’s fish was perfect. We saw the head chef aka Chef Ching Ching, who we’ve known over the years and he welcomed us with a personal invite to his cooking show the next night. He also promised stewed beef at ths lunch buffet the next day. It was so sweet of him. Then our desserts were decorated when they arrived which was a nice touch.
        That night was the steel drum band in the infinity bar. They were fabulous! I found the bar a little uncomfortable as most guests weren’t wearing masks, but it is technically open air so I understand. It was just my personal fears with my health conditions. We ended up watching the end of the show from beach chairs by the pool which was a gorgeous view and sounded great!
        We are Canadian, so we got up Saturday morning to do our PCR Tests. We were scheduled for 9am, and no denying it, we were about 20 minutes late. There was a line up at that point and we waited about 45 minutes in total. Our fault for being late I’m sure as I’ve heard the wait isn’t bad. The travel club had booked our tests for us upon check in, and that’s when we paid for it too.
        We finally got to relax and enjoy the vacation for a whole day. It was beautiful as always.
        There was one Vendor set up in the lower level of the Lady Hamilton Lobby, we sure missed the hand painted coconut man. Getting his souvenirs were a tradition for us that was greatly missed this trip. We really wanted one that said Wedding 2021 Jamaica. Hopefully he comes back once covid calms down.
        Hibachi night! We checked with the hostess at 530pm for our 7pm booking. We wanted to double check Chef Ching Ching got us a booking and didn’t want to take someone else’s spot. The hostess confirmed our booking with him for 7pm. We then went to get ready for dinner. Unfortunately it seems there was miscommunication as we didn’t get Ching Ching, disappointed at first, but honestly the cook we got did a great job. He was very entertaining, interactive and the food was delicious!
        When we got back to our room after dinner our room was decorated again! We had a banner from the Travel Club with balloons saying “Congratulations on your union” They ran the tub with bubbles and rose petals that trailed from the bed. The bed had hearts with towel art and more rose petals. Along with a bottle of champagne. Our wedding cake was in the room and a gift bag from the Wedding Department containing 2 Hats with Mr & Mrs on them. Adorable! And we were completely surprised.
        We brought the cake down to the Travel Club Lounge where we shared it with our Jamaican family and some other members. The staff sure make us feel like family in there and I will never forget this. Even though the cake was a few days late, i ended up enjoying it as we got to eat it on the Travel Club beach at night. It was magical.
        This was also the White Party & Fire Show Night. It was different than previous years for us. It’s now on the volleyball “beach” by the main pool, and the fire show dancers are on the roof of the bar behind the large DJ stage. They all did a great job, it was a fun night! But we miss the bon fire, and the lack of show with the fire.
        Sunday we got surprised with Breakfast In Bed! It arrived at 745am and had what we were expecting Friday morning, and there was entire pot of coffee! It was so good and a nice surprise, great way to start the day.
        We went on the River Rafting excursion. It was so amazing! Absolutely stunning! We’ve been to Jamaica 5 other times yet we learned so much from our raft captain. We Highly recommend this excursion, especially for romance. I was shocked that they charged $6USD at Chukka for a beef patty, but I still bought it.
        Monday morning we started the day with a 50 minute couples massage at Zentropia Spa. We get this every trip the day before we leave. 6 trips in, and I’ve got nothing but perfection with the entire experience. One thing i will say that’s missed, covid related I know, but the little cucumber water and snack stand in the lobby is not there at the moment. However the juice bar inside the spa is still amazing and available. Having the massage just before going home really helps us stay relaxed.
        We did some souvenir shopping at the shops on site. We used Palladium money and cash but the prices on the resort are better than the airport we’ve learned over over years.
        We lounged at the Travel Club lounge and met with Lorraine, the wedding department manager, before lunch.
        She was apologetic and understanding. Without going into details, I just want to say they went above and beyond to make everything right with professionalism and smiles.
        We went to see our chicken lady one last time for lunch, as we were leaving the next morning. We spent time at all beaches throughout the afternoon. Each have their own sparkle that I love.
        We had booked a final romantic dinner on the beach, with the wedding department, for our final night. We got dressed up to make it special, and so thankful we did!
        The wedding department made it absolutely beautiful with the table setting under the pergola wrapped in twinkle lights. There was a sparkly pink table cloth with lighting, beautiful setting with flowers and decor, and Tiki lights. We had the same server as our wedding night, who was the absolute best! And then they surprised us with a photoshoot, with pictures included! We were absolutely floored with surprise. Then our meal was perfection. Best lobster I’ve ever had in Jamaica. Every detail was perfect.
        We spent the evening at The Travel Club Lounge, feeling like family, packed and used the giant tub one more time.
        Our morning of our travel went smoothly, and ended with one more surprise ! We were about to head out for breakfast when we were surprised with Breakfast Room Service Again! We were delighted and enjoyed every moment of our last breakfast looking out to sea.
        We picked up our photos from the photo booth, and had no problems checking out, other than sadness ofcourse. Our private transportation was a beautiful car again, right on time. Our driver was very professional and she made us feel very safe.
        Montego Bay airport is under construction, but it was still very quick, especially with Club Mobay! We just love their lounge and utilize all the convenience they offer.
        Things we missed due to covid
        1. Chocolate night
        2. Members night
        3. Actual fire show
        4. Breakfast at Blue Lagoon
        5. Lunch at Poseidon
        I should mention we didn’t catch any shows this trip and only made it out 2 nights so I can’t comment on entertainment in that aspect. This was more a romantic trip for us.
        Since I don’t have all the names, I’m bad for names, I will shout out my Travel Club Family. Everyone in the Office to the Lounge. Kamesha Lindsay, Marlon, Terron, Hakoy, Jeffrey, Sophia, and like I said, bad with names, but the new lovely bartender in the Lounge as well.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Translate »