Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Arrived in paradise. Marked as VIP and upgraded to junior suite. Building 51. It’s right opposite the ugly new hard rock hotel but it’ll be ok. Airport was quiet. Checkin was superb. I can’t believe people moan about the reception staff. Cloudy this afternoon with highs of 32C. Very tired after a long flight. Paella tomorrow. Can’t wait. So good to be back. Party have a few room issues; sewerage smells which we will sort tomorrow. Birthday boy also got an upgrade. So not expecting any of this for a second visit.
        More posts soon.
        Heaven!

Anne
        Keymaster

From Doug at sunrise (showing Hard Rock resort)

Anne
          Keymaster

Day 1. Currently in the Riviera buffet dinner as everything went pear shaped with the planning. I just don’t like buffet food. The food quality is good don’t get me wrong but it’s just not me. Carlos was the usual superstar at the adults only pool bar. Mozzies were their usual selfish insects. 21 bites in one evening. Forgot repellent that evening. Still have to see if home made stuff works. Very hot. Pools are boiling hot. Big difference to last February.
            I love this place. Xx

Evening: Karaoke in Colonial lobby

Anne
            Keymaster

Day 2 – Sunburn got the better of me today so never stayed in the sun for long. Very hot and humid today.
              Started out on the colonial beach and tried to get in the sea. Bit of an obstacle course with the rocks so gave up. My husband dislocated small toe in a rock so he is a bit black now.
              Super lunch at Punta Emilia. Good to see more chairs and tables. Seemed a bit understaffed.
              Then had a couple of hours by the pool and then stayed in the room from 3. It’s easy to over do the sun! We still have 12 days!
              Italian tonight for a birthday celebration.
              Now enjoying a beer in the Kantenah lobby. Very nicely furnished now.
              Bye for now.

Anne
              Keymaster

Monday: Excellent fire show tonight at the salt water pool. Bravo!

Anne
                Keymaster

Wed.   “Stayed by the adults only pool yesterday. Boy was it hot! Hard to cool down as the pool Is so warm. We noted a lack of showers at this pool, intact we can’t even find any nearby.
                  Stayed in last night and had room service. It was very welcome.
                  Very cloudy at 6.30 am today so off to the turtle area and then a spot of snorkelling off the Kantenah reef, followed by the pool (in the shade). Slightly burnt on SPF 50!”

Anne
                  Keymaster

Wed. 32 nests

Anne
                    Keymaster

Ribs and More – absolutely brilliant food and service.

The trick is to get to the restaurants between 7.30-8.00.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Translate »