Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anne
      Keymaster

Please help answering these questions from a newbie.

1) What are your favorite restaurants that are not to be missed for breakfast?  For lunch?  For dinner?

Breakfast & lunch = La Hacienda on Colonial or Kabah on Riviera

Daughter loved food at Punta Emilia beach bar (order off menu) for lunch

Dinner,Suggest trying  El Sumptuori show table is fun, Punta Emilia seafood on  the beach (these 2 need reservations), El Pavao Brazilian, Beach BBQ. Here are menus

menus -scroll down

2) What are your “not to be missed” entrees either at lunch or dinner?  At lunch I always have something fresh grilled like chicken or one of   the  fish offered ie salmon. Daughter loves the Mexican food at the beach bar (White Sand)

3) Do you have a favorite bar to hang out at after dinner?  Or even for a few drinks before dinner? I usually go to a lobby where they have live music (Riviera or Colonial). Also enjoy the adult only Hemingways with premium liquor and piano bar (off Kantenah). The young people gather in the disco, sports bar, 24 hour beach bars.

4) Is there a better or worse section of the beach?

Kantenah beach walking to the noth end of the resort.   Staff at El Jarra beach bar are outstanding.

5) Is there a better pool to hang out at?

Colonial pool is very active with beach volleyball, games, etc. I prefer a quiet pool, ie El Rinconcito at Kantenah, Secret pools at Colonial and White Sand “B” on map  map

6) Do you have any favorite excursions that are close in proximity to the resort?

On resort suggest taking the Segway tour early on your stay    Segway fun tour

Take a colectivo to nearby Akumal and snorkel with turtles

Tulum ruins and Playa del Carmen (town) are also nearby

7) I seemed to remember from prior posts that you sometimes go with you daughter.  If that is accurate, did your daughter venture out on her own after dinner (wondering in case I need to turn in and he wants to keep going)?  Was she comfortable?

Yes often after we had dinner together and listened to a little music she went off and found new friends. Very safe. As she is a single young woman and we stayed over on the Royal area she sometimes called a cart to bring her home at night. As long as your son stays in well lit populated places he should be fine.

Suggest he would enjoy the Fire Show & White Party at the salt water pool on Monday nights.

8) Do you recall if they have stand up paddle boards?

Yes at the Dive Center.

If anyone has suggestions please post.  Newbie tips:  Tips for newbies

Blueskies
        Participant

1) We love any of the buffets for breakfast, Punta Emilia or Gran Azul for Lunch ( grilled fish and pico de gallo) and El Jardin or a buffet for dinner.

2) Not an entre but LOVE the pumpkin creme brule from  La Adalita, not sure if the still have it.

3) We look for the live music and sit for a couple prior to dinner. After dinner we walk around the resort and enjoy the quiet most evenings.

4) Love the Kantenah end of the beach.

5) We try to spend a few afternoons at the salt water pool. Not really pool people unless weather forces us inland.

6) Segway is always fun ! If it is your first time in the area I feel Chichen Itza is a must.

Suggest you try a few places around the resort, you will find your fave. If you don’t explor a little you are missing out. Every pool or beach location offers a different experience. Have Fun !

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Translate »