Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      tpitman-belyan
      Participant

Hi, my family will be visiting the Riveria part of this resort at the end of January, 2016. We have never been before.
        My husband and myself have a suite booked, while our three adult kids have a junior suite. My youngest son, age 24,
        will be sleeping on the sofa bed. A few minutes ago I saw a very dreadful review of this section on tripadvisor!!
        It is not the first bad review I have read. I know, I know! I am not supposed to trust tripadvisor but must say I am so unhappy
        that this resort will be as dreadful as the reviewer states it is! Dirty, bed linen very worn out and aged, very desperate need of renovating!
        What can I do now? Help? Thanks!

Anne
        Keymaster

Welcome. Just back today. I know some of the reporters on TA are paid to write bad reviews.You have never seen a more immaculate resort You can eat off any rest room floor Which resort are you at? I was there with my 25 year old this week and cried to leave today. We’ve been going there for 13 years. Tell me where you’re staying and I’ll see what I can do to help.

tpitman-belyan
          Participant

Hi Anne. Thank you for your quick response:) We are staying in the Riveria villas in the Mayan. My adult kids have never been before to any “all inclusive” resort. I am hoping they will come home loving this vacation. They cannot travel very much due to cost. So my fingers are crossed the TA reviewer was wrong!

Blueskies
            Participant

The Riviera section is nice and quite. You can sometimes get a peek of the sea over the tree tops and you can hear the surf. While the resort has updated other sections this one has not yet been done. The rooms are still kept clean and look fine. Here are a couple of pictures from our last visit in this section just over a year ago.
              Riviera Suite

Washroom

Sitting Area

Peek of the Sea

This was a third floor room next to the path leading to the Salt Water Pool (which is amazing and so close) Try not to worry, go with an open mind and enjoy !

loke
              Participant

We have been to the Palladium 10 times & we are very particular about cleanliness, etc so do not believe everything you read on TA. I can say it is not perfect but you are in a foreign country & this is as good as it gets when travelling. We love this resort, the staff, & have no complaints. Just go & relax & enjoy. This site is full of information & you can get answers to all your questions here. Our son was married at this resort with 40 guests, we did not hear one complaint from anyone & most were well travelled.

Anne
                Keymaster

I just saw 2 back to back bad reviews, both by authors as their first report. Suspicious. I would not put any weight in these. This one was just posted and seems more realistic
                  http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499445-d596646-r336071968-Grand_Palladium_Riviera_Resort_Spa-Akumal_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

My daughter met some young adults who were staying in the Riviera last week and loved it. Tell the kids to go by the White Party at the salt water pool on Monday nights, the Foam party at the Colonial pool on Thursdays at noon. The disco is on the Riviera side and gets lively after 11.

For lunch we often ate at Kabah, the indoor buffet on the Riviera side or Punta Emilia beach bar, a short walk from Riviera rooms

I sent you an email. Send me your info about a week before you go and I’ll put in a word. As was suggested, ask for a third floor room if there are no mobility issues. Some third floors have views. While the Riviera rooms are not refurbished they are immacuate and in a nice quiet area.You’ll have a great time.

Kern
                  Participant

Hi,
                    Don’t worry. You will be fine in the Riviera section. We have been to the Palladium 10 times, and like Riviera. We had beautiful views of the water when we stayed in that section (but the trees have grown a great deal, and fewer rooms have views). Try to request a room on the top floor.
                    Also, try to get a room at the salt-water pool end of the Riviera section.
                    It is very beautiful in that section, and you will love the beautiful wooden walkways that meander through that section as you head to the pool and restaurants. When we stay in that section, we always walk to the northern end of the resort (Kantenah) to set up camp for the day. We love that stretch of beach the best, as it is the sandiest, and great for swimming, whereas there are rocks and coral the further south you go on the property. We enjoy hanging out on the Kantenah side, and at the end of the afternoon, love to stroll down to the saltwater pool for a cocktail. It’s a gorgeous spot to watch the waves crashing in, and your family will love it.
                    At the Palladium you have the luxury of enjoying all sections of the resort (except for Royal), so don’t limit yourself to the Riviera. Get out there and explore all the various bars, quiet pools, etc. Use this website to learn lots of tips for first-timers. You will surely have a great vacation! Please keep asking questions, as we love to help.

joan
                    Participant

Our first visit to the Palladium was eight years ago. We stayed at the Riviera. We knew very little about the resort. The Riviera was lovely. Great, clean spacious Jr. suites. We are extremely particular about cleanliness and hygiene. Never have had an issue. Staff are so generous and helpful. Housekeeping, grounds crew, eat and hostess staff work hard to make your experience all that you want.
                      Enjoy, have fun. I don’t think you will be disappointed. We have travelled with a number of friends as newbies, and all would(and have returned!)

Joan

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Translate »